So for all the restorers and those aiming for Concours, a few photos from Graham Robson’s book “MGC Abingdon’s Grand Tourer”
Missing its rocker cover badges.
These photographs show early (top) and later (bottom) engine bays.
Early engine bay
- Heater valve mounted on the heater box
- The closed circuit breathing system incorporates a valve
- Separate alternator regulator assembly
Later engine bay
- Heater valve is on the cylinder head
- Engine breather pipes feed directly into carbs
- No separate alternator regulator control box
My engine bay is below.